Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Do you celebrate?

A school mate of mine sent this.

She and I share the same birthday, we both are 7000 miles away.

We share a lot of views and opinions; we both love traveling and seeing new places!

Do u think is something to do by the virtue of being born on the same day??

Let’s keep that for next time … until then read on….

Celebration means......

A winter evening.
Four friends.
Heavy rain fall
And Four cups of tea.

Celebration means......

Hundred bucks of petrol.
A rusty old bike.
And an open road.

Celebration means......

3 old friends.
3 separate cities.
3 coffee mugs.
1 internet messenger.

Celebration means......

You and mom.
A summer night.
A bottle of oil.
A head massage.
Gossiping about absent family members

For me celebration would mean…..

You and your grandpa.
The 4.00 AM morning walk.
Panting your way up a hill.
Watching the sunrise.
Children chanting school prayer at a distance.

Celebration means…...

Inviting a friend over on his birthday.
A Mars mini bar for his birthday cake.
Listening to Lionel Richie.
Reminiscing the good times.
Making future plans.


What is your celebration????

6 comments:

Shahi said...

Celebration to me would be..
Staying up late, in the middle of the night
With my best friends and loved ones
Laughing so hard my stomach hurts

And

Having a coffee
With an old friend
Catching up on gossip and remembering our moments..

And

Partying so hard
With my best friends
Till my feet hurt!

Anonymous said...

Right now for me...
celebration would be
one minute with my mom her lap..
one hour with my best frnd in front of a beer chit chatting all the things that we missed in the passed by year!!
one day in banglore with my old college mates!!!
one week in my native on my bike rocking around!!

oh shruti nice topic yaar...after reading this i am missing my home more and more !!!

.S. said...

Seriously,both u guys.. my school mate, the moment forwarded it.. it was a instant hit!! i wish more poeple read it, and post comments!!

And when we think of things like these, we realize, how small things can make a celebration in itself!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

it sure is a beautiful mail..i bet it makes everyone who reads it stop for a while and think about a moment.....it is so strange, these same things happen to almost all of us and have the same meaning in all our defferent lives, ~~celebration~~

for me it wud be each one of the thins mentioned above in the topic and also,

sitting down wid an old school scrapbook
see what my old freinds scribbled, and also read between the lines,
and laughing silly till tears sting my eyes

.S. said...

hmm.. very true..but hey dont get teary eyed, as all that is spent is well spent...

with life so unpridictable, (dont mind my spellings!) we need to cling to these celebration moments so that we never have smiles wiped of our faces..

Powered By Blogger